|Coaches are important in any sports system and coach education is an important area the BWF and BEC are focusing on. In November 2012, the BWF completed the first in a series of resources to help badminton coaches and coach education. The Level 1 Coach Education resources are now available. Furthermore, the BWF Level 2 resources are expected to be completed soon as well.
The BWF coach education system characteristics:
- Coaching materials that are coach centres and competency based
- Pathaway for coaches to build skills and knowledge over time
- Covers the necessary core content at each level to build the knowledge and skill
- Offers a range of optional content and supplementary resources and activities at each level
- Integrates assessement tasks and activities to confirm coaches meet the required outcomes of the course
- Provide a credential or certificate recognize achivement on course
Coach Education Resources - Level 1
Coach Level 1 resources are available in English and Spanish, with French version on the way. These are user friendly resources with the integrated video clips to demonstarte techniques and strategy play.
The key resources are:
- Coaches' Manual- WHAT and HOW to coach - fundamentals for new/practicing coaches - click here
Coach Education Resources Level 2
Coach Level 2 Resources are currently available in English – soon to be available in Spanish, – we hope to translate them into other languages.
It covers the What to Coach – and How to Coach – similar to Level 1, but it explains in more detail of the Coaching Principles.
The resources are:
- Coaches’ Manual – it encompasses 11 modules – highlighting in more depth the HOW to Coach, WHEN to Coach and WHAT to Coach - click here
- Video Clips – supporting video clips, which gives a demonstration of the exercises covered in the Coaches Manual. It covers the technical, physical testing and the physical training aspects - click here