Certificated Training Centres
Elite-level development from Badminton Europe
Badminton Europe announced in 2009 two new initiatives to help increase the level of elite badminton players in Europe.
- To establish a network of Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centres.
- To award scholarships to players to enable them to stay at Certificated Training Centres. Scholarships are for players who have the potential to qualify for future World Championships and the 2016 Olympic Games.
Badminton Europe Certificated Training Centres
Badminton Europe is creating links with the National Training Centres of excellence within the Member Associations. The idea is to certificate those centres that have the required standard and to cooperate on offering training for talented players from other Member Associations by awarding scholarships.
Badminton Europe has confirmed eight Certificated Training Centres, they are:
- Bulgarian National Training Centre in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Greve Training Centre in Denmark
- Odense Training Centre in Denmark
- Irish National Training Centre in Dublin, Ireland
- Dutch National Training Centre in Arnhem, Netherlands
- Polish National Training Centre in Warsaw, Poland
- Spanish National Training Centre in Madrid, Spain
- Swedish National Training Centre in Uppsala, Sweden
- Swedish National Training Centre in Malmö, Sweden
For more details, refer to the left menu where each centre is listed.
Badminton Europe scholarships
Badminton Europe will award scholarships to players to enable them to train at one of the nine Certificated Training Centres for a period of at least 2 weeks.
The completed application for a scholarship to train at a Certificated Training Centre has to reach the BEC Office at least 4 weeks before the preferred start date.
Information on how to apply for a scholarship has been sent directly to Member Associations.
Files available to download:
- The information letter to apply for the scholarship (please read before applying).
- The nomination form for scholarship applicants.
Please have a look on the left menu for more detailed information on the Badminton Europe approved Certificated Training Centres
For more information about Certificated Training Centres, please contact the Badminton Europe Manager Jeroen van Dijk at firstname.lastname@example.org